I wanted to do a blog post on the Bonsai stamps because they're just too unique and pretty! All thanks to Maria and Misty, I have 3 out of 5 of those beautiful stamps. It's a great coincidence that they both sent me different kinds too! I have the Black Pine, Azalea and Banyan as shown in the picture below. :)
Quoting from the USPS website, The word “Bonsai” is Japanese for “plant in a pot.” It also refers to the practice of cultivating plants — usually trees — in trays, pots, or other containers.
Now, the picture below shows a complete set of Bonsai stamp issued by the USPS on January 23, 2012 :
(1) a Sierra Juniper in semi-cascade style,
(2) a Trident Maple in informal upright style,
(3) a Black Pine in formal upright style,
(4) an Azalea plant in multiple-trunk style, and
(5) a Banyan in cascade style.
Aren't they beautiful? :)